My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Crazy and Bad People Who Need Time Outs

If you're in the mood to shake your head in disbelief, I recommend reading this:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/04/26/neocarbon/

It contains a Youtube video of Representative Michele Bachman (R - MN) making no sense about carbon dioxide. I would just post a link to the video, but this blog already covers most all of the witty remarks I would make about it.

She basically states that because carbon dioxide occurs naturally ("is a natural byproduct of nature" is how she puts it, I believe, "carbon dioxide is natural. It occurs in Earth." Then she blathers on about how we all need it, even the plants and the vegetation. "As a matter of fact, carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful." And then follows up with "nature, natural, nature, Earth, naturally, nature, nature, natural, Earth, nature, natural..." Clearly, carbon dioxide could not possibly be harmful (because naturally occurring = good?) and also could not be produced by humans. I need to stop quoting her, because pretty much every word out of her mouth is absurd. So just watch the video.


If you need more, consider this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bonnie-fuller/hate-mongering-conservati_b_192412.html

This is a gem: "'What better way to sneak a virus into this country than to give it to Mexicans....then spread a rumor there there are construction jobs here, and there they come,' blathers Boortz."

It is now obvious to me that Islamic terrorists developed a new flu virus, released it in Mexico City, and then persuaded infected individuals to spread it to the US by illegally crossing the border in pursuit of promised construction jobs.

Clearly!

Besides the questions posed in this post, I would like to ask whether the terrorists also promised Mexicans construction jobs in Spain, New Zealand, and all the other countries in the world with confirmed cases of swine flu.


I'm always newly amazed...

Otherwise, I'll just say that our mountain is still on fire and I spent the afternoon making cookies with my nephew-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment