My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Baby Giant

This is my baby update. If you don't like babies, and stuff, don't bother.

So my baby is a giant.

He's four months old and weighs over 20 pounds - the average for an 11 or 12 month old baby (so say the Internets). How did he grow that much in so short a time?? He's not that chubby, just really long and ... can you call a baby "strapping"? You know, he's just big boned! Apparently he's over the 95th weight percentile. He dwarfs his 5 month old cousin.

And I think he's got super powers because he totally sits by himself and can support all of his weight when standing on his legs, though he needs help getting into that position and maintaining his balance. Kind of like a drunkard. Maybe that's not that crazy. What do I know about babies' physical development? Maybe every mama thinks her baby is growing crazy fast. What if I told you he were already running and doing back flips? Would you call me a dirty liar?

But the oddest thing is that he's growing one long, white hair out of the top of his head, right in the middle. It's ridiculous.

Ah, well, it's entertaining. Have I mention that San Juan is boring?

Today I got belly laughs out of him by doing the following hilarious activities: tickling him, blowing raspberries, singing nursery rhymes, banging a spoon on a pot, hanging laundry, getting peed on, and chopping an onion. I should be an entertainer, because apparently I'm a riot. (This is also a tip off of just how thrilling my life is these days.)

He has also learned to screech like I imagine a velociraptor might have screeched when expressing annoyance at its velociraptor buddy for having made off with the whole kill. He enjoys this new skill and uses it whenever boredom sets in. Or whenever he wants help getting onto his feet (to do his buoy dance.)

So that's my baby: a giant, screeching, wobbly, super-powered, bundle of cuteness with one long, white hair growing out his head. Makes a mama so proud!

5 comments:

  1. I also laughed at the capcha: "scablec"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed and laughed at this. Maybe harder than was warranted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so Im back home and getting cought up. My thoughts are that if he has one long white hair on his head he must have supper powers. That totally sounds like something out of X-men.

    Oh and Which San Juan are you in? Is is San Juan de las legos in Jalisco? I think I wrote that right, we have family that lives there but I know there are a lot of San Juans in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope - San Juan Cosalá, which is down on Lake Chapala, south of GDL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We actually are planning a trip down that way to look for me a job. Im trying to find a clinic or something that might cater to the American retired community. My Spanish is improving but I think I need a place who will need my English so bad that they will over look my broken Spanish. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete