My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Monday, November 9, 2009

The IRS Loses Me

Hey Internal Revenue Service, what's shakin?

Just call me Waldo. It appears that the IRS had no trouble whatsoevah finding me when they thought I owed them 16 THOUSAND dollars. Now, just a few months later, when it turns out that they owe me money, they can't seem to figure out where I live.

Go fig.

But really, friends at the IRS, I have updated my address with you. I have sent you letters. I have filed my tax returns. You have even sent me mail at my PO Box in Mexico. You have called me at my house here in San Juan... what do you mean you don't know where I am?

Ah, but wait, that was all back when you thought I owed you money. Now that the shoe is on the other hand you can't seem to figure out where I am.

I'm in Mexico! I'm right where you left me two months ago! Send me my money already.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.... no kidding. they still owe me money... but of course, I haven't heard a thing!

    ReplyDelete