My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mice and Rats

Mice and Rats, like cockroaches, scorpions, and gas truck jingles, are an unavoidable part of life in our neighborhood. Since my in-laws’ place is open to the outside, they just come scurrying in from the street or the neighbor’s yard. There’s nothing to stop them. It doesn’t matter whether the house is clean or not; they just come right in, to see what’s shaking, I guess.

Last night we had a little mouse in the shop my mother-in-law runs out of the front of the house. Hernan is the family’s designated rodent killer, but last night it was my mother-in-law who got it. The mouse came in from the street and ran right at her, she jumped and landed right on top of it, killing the mouse, and causing the two of us to squeal for the next five minutes. Yep, like little school girls.

We made Hernan carry the dead mouse away, though.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gross, I cant imagine actually stepping on one to kill it. That gives me the creeps. Luckily sort of I live on the third floor so this isn't common for me. But when we were at his aunts house they had a small mouse running around and his aunt was acting like it was a huge rat. When I saw it I laughed and she kept screaming. lol

    ReplyDelete