My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More on Mice and Rats

So the neighbors have a trash heap in their yard, basically all the trash they can’t burn, like an old toilet and a wire rack. This is cool, because it makes for a terrific breeding ground for rats, and we all love rats. Love them.

A couple of days ago Hernan killed one in the morning, and then three more that afternoon. Huge suckers. And my mother-in-law set out some poison, and, judging by the lingering smell, took down a few more.

I think this has been a fun experience for my visiting mother. She asked whether there wasn’t a local agency we could report our neighbors to. Ha!

The grossest part is that then the neighbors had a birthday party in their backyard, but the poisoned rats are still buried somewhere in the trash heap, stinking up the place. Foul.

On a side note, I wasn’t able to kill the cockroach I found in the kitchen this morning. It scurried away. I’m a wus.

Yucky.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so funny about your mom, I could see my mom or anyone visiting from the states saying that. Actually I could see me saying that a year ago, and now I laugh.

    ReplyDelete