My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Swollen Feet

Today I did very little, and by "very little" I pretty much mean "nothing".

By the early afternoon my previously cute little ankles had swollen up, surpassing the descriptive noun "cankle" to achieve "two massive slabs of fatty meat". So I spent the remainder of the day on the couch with my feet up and on ice. I said I was "watching" the store for my mother-in-law, but luckily no one wanted to buy anything from me, because I really wasn't keen on getting up. Not to sell a comb for two pesos.

I'm hoping this means the baby's coming soon, because, while willing to sacrifice a lot for this kid, I would like my ankles back soon.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little ankles! a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there your in the home stretch and you will have your cute ankles back soon enough.

    ReplyDelete