My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Friday, August 14, 2009

MX Birth Certificate: Achieved

I got Hanix's Mexican birth certificate this week. We're one step closer to getting him his US passport.

I was going to go back to the office on Monday, but I'd heard, by word of mouth, that the clerk wasn't going to be there. It seems the office is open pretty much when she feels like working. Love me the word-of-mouth network, though. It's the positive side to "all-up-in-other-people's-business gossip".

Next step, getting his Mexican health card thingy. Should find out what exactly that's called. I do know we have to go to Jocotepec to get it, since that's what the grouchy ladies in San Juan's tiny clinic grumbled at my husband and me.

I'm going to make an appointment with the US consulate in GDL, too. Maybe Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck girl, it feels a lot more stressful than it is. Just bring what you have to the consulate and they will most likely accept just about anything. I posted about our experience which in the end proved a lot less stressful than I had myself prepared for. And just think the little guy will have free rain to go where he pleases when hes older how cool is that.

    ReplyDelete