My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Monday, August 10, 2009

New Friends

My plan to use my adorable and plus-sized bzby to lure people into friendship is already working. Yesterday I made five friends.

Sure, they're aged four to seven, but I still consider this progress.

While taking Hanix, the Eating Machine, for a walk on the back road, a little girl and a little boy on bikes (hey! I like bikes too!) called out to me "What's his name?" Then we fell into a riveting conversation about our names and how many siblings we all have and how old everyone is.

This kind of conversation is just my thing because I can understand and answer all the questions directed at me.

When their younger, bicycle-less siblings caught up with them, I made three more friends.

Maybe they'll introduce us around, and then Hanix and I will become the most popular mother-son team in San Juan. We'll be invited to all the birthday parties. I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

  1. Funny I also find it easier to connect with the kids. lol

    ReplyDelete