My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Introducing Goblin

"Can I keep him?"



That's more or less what my husband said yesterday when I encountered him cuddling an adorable little labrador puppy. Yes, friends, we're now pet owners.

The story goes like this: a friend of my husband had a lab, and she had pups. Mama dog passed away. Husband's friend wanted to give away all the pups. One pup ended up at a cousin's house, but Aunty said "No". Cousin told husband, and husband said "Yes". Now the puppy lives with us.


I really had no interest in having a pet, but I was emotionally blackmailed. Try saying no to a wriggling puppy who will otherwise end up out at "the ranch", alone all day, guarding wire.

Plus he sat in my lap and licked my toes. And, needless to say, he's got puppydog eyes. Yeah, how can you turn those down? Poor little orphan puppy with puppydog eyes who sat in my lap and licked my toes... whimper, whimper, whimper.

I asked whether someone else wouldn't take him, and apparently not, since all the likely puppy owner candidates have already been convinced to take the sibling pups.

So. There you have it. We're puppy owners.

Here he is getting comfy in his new home.



His name is Goblin. He has a play date with his brother puppy tomorrow. I'm reading up on puppy training. Please send me your puppy training tips, because I grew up with cats.

7 comments:

  1. I dont know much about dogs, but he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know nothing about dogs Im a cat person, but I would not have been able to say no to that face. My gosh he is beautiful. He will turn out to be a good dog, labs are so loyal and he will be good protection for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Ember! I am a cat person through and through, but this little guy is soo adorable. I hope that he and Hanix get along well! I have a feeling you have a good protector for your baby here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's going to need daily walks, lots of play and lots of toys - or else that sweet lil monster is going to EAT those shoes he's sleeping on. Google "Homemade dog toys" and you'll never have to worry about buying expensive stuff. What a good looking dog, I hope he works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear, your blog has the funniest capchas. I just got "lawsh." Who knows what this next one will be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My in-laws are great with their dog. His favorite chew-toy consists of all the household's orphan socks tied together in a knot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG he is too cute! He looks like the cutest dog! Aww I so want one!

    ReplyDelete