My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Contrail


When we lived in Mountain View we were close to so many airports that at any given moment we could find at least one plane in the sky. Often, looking up, we could spot two or three, along with all the criss-crossing white airplane skid marks they left in the sky. I remember that the sky was never free of these.

A few weeks after we moved to San Juan, a cousin grabbed me one day and pulled me outside to show me the plane flying overhead. "It's a plane!" she explained to me. She was clearly excited.

This morning I looked up at the sky during breakfast through one of our "windows" (a.k.a. "hole in the ceiling") and saw a white airplane trail in the sky.

It took me a moment to remember what it was.

2 comments:

  1. I also lived near an airport when in St. Louis, but just recently got as excited as my daughter when we saw a plane go over head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing of use to say, just that I like this post :)

    ReplyDelete