My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Soundtrack To My Life

The beer store across the street from my house opens around ten in the morning. Usually it's either the woman with the hyena laugh working there or a teenage boy who REALLY likes to blast Soulja Boy on the store stereo. On repeat. His record is "Kiss Me Through The Phone" twelve times in a row. Awful song. Makes me want to chuck beer cans at the store and yell crotchety old lady things, like "Turn that racket down" and "You call that music? It's a nuisance!"

Today the beer store is quiet.

BUT the new car parts store next door is filling the sound void with their music. They even have a speaker out front of the shop, because there's nothing like 80s pop hits from the US to compel motorists to pull over and stock up on motor oil and car fresheners.

Ah well. I'll take the variety of 80s pop hits over Soulja Boy on repeat any day. So, no complaints.

And, yes, I did say "out front of" once again. It seems this is wholly grammatical for me.

1 comment:

  1. I've been very creative in my grammar recently, as well. And, wtf, I'm using "more or less" and "perfect" in English waaayyy too often.

    ReplyDelete