My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Piñatas

The thing about piñatas is that when the treats begin to fall children swarm, with no concern for the child or adult who is yet wielding the bat, and may still be swinging.

Yesterday we witnessed countless near misses as the shiny-eyed, hopped-up-on-sugar, candy-greedy pack of children rushed the four-year-old girl with the aggressive swing and relentless determination to see Piñata Diego go down!

3 comments:

  1. lol Everytime we have a birthday party there is an injured kid, gotta love pinatas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh... scares the shit outta me everytime. I hold my little one by the shirt collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep they seriously get crazy about it here and Im the only one in the crowd holding my girl back and shielding her from the stick. At the last party I was at one of the adults who knew me well enough to know Alana would end up with little candy jumped in there with the kids and got her a whole bunch. lol

    ReplyDelete