My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tailgating?

What have you seen for sale out of the back of someone's pickup truck parked on the side of the road? (Bullhorn optional)

-fish
-coffee
-tonics
-used clothes for the whole family
-bread
-ice cream cones
-all manner of fruit (mango, coconuts, papaya...)
-all manner of vegetables (corn, squash, garbanzos, lettuce...)
-raw meat (there's nothing like seeing cow carcasses bleeding on the tailgate to make me whip out my wallet!)
-tacos
-blankets
-mattresses
-children's furniture
-wooden chairs
-pirated dvds
-shoes
-sombreros
-wood planks and poles
-metal pipes
-raw shrimp

8 comments:

  1. To be honest I think it would be easier to make a list of what you haven't seen sold out of the back of a truck. But then again I can think of anything to put on that list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about folksy crafts and home decor? Really awful celebrity posters from the 1970s and 80s? Puppies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen puppies for sale out of a truck, but I have seen them for sale out of some man's hands on the side of the highway, along with chickens and parakeets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steering wheel covers...ohhhhhh anddddddd................a Volkswagon beattle bug....selling tint for your car windows....NO THANKS
    Jars of raw honey, dried shrimp, snake skins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo and I forgot, brooms and dust pans - we have now bought 2 of each from the truck man :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen puppies being sold out of the back of a truck at the movie theater! :D And they were HUSKIES!?? Why they would be selling sled dogs down here is beyond me :D

    Aaaaand - goats, I've seen goats.

    And for real! We just got a shrimp/fish man in our neighborhood this week! Everytime he comes my neighbors SO get excited! I watched them yesterday going through the fish, picking out the ones they wanted and having the man CLEAN them right there on the tailgate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. not out of a truck, but what about the randomness solo-style-sin troca......empanadas de calabaza, (between Obregón y Navojoa).....also there is furniture.......what about the whole Autozone on a cart......anything from air fresheners, to steering wheel covers to ?? and um, Christmas tree decos--I bought my mini-piñatas y santa claus off of la Pesqueira here in Navojoa and omg-Strawberries verdura randomness and shrimp out of coolers rule the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mats for the car and the Virgin de Guadelupe statues.

    ReplyDelete