My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Beer

Big news! There is a microbrewery. Yes. In Ajijic. It's new. I don't know if it's any good. I hope they have something dark, and actually dark, not these so-called "dark" lies like Negra Modelo.

We tried to go today, but they're closed Sundays. Soon.

This is big. Microbreweries are not exactly big in Mexico. In the stores, mostly all you can buy is Mexican beer. Coronas, Modelos, Estrella... I'm holding out hope for a nice, full oatmeal stout. I can slip one in between nursing sessions, right?

4 comments:

  1. From what I know the alchol is out of your system and your milk 3 hours after you drink. So when your baby is at the point that they go like 6hours at night you can have one after the last feeding. That's what I do. ;) we found Sam Adams (hefenwisen, and cream stout) That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you pump, you can have enough available to cover three or more hours of potential baby hunger, and then have your stout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about babies, but dark beer = good. Now, if you can also get something Belgian down there, you're in business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this comment is a little late, but Mexicans actually believe beer to be helpful in stimulating your milk production. Plus it's supposed to add some nutrients to breast milk as well!

    ReplyDelete