My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Too many legs

An aside - Last night Hernan killed two cockroaches that were in our room. When I walked out of the bedroom this morning there they were, on the floor, waiting for me, two dead gifts, like my husband is some kind of cat or something.

3 comments:

  1. cockroaches - add that to the list of how we're living parallel lives! Fernando and I just had a squabble about how we had both seen a massive cockroach in the kitchens and different points and neither of us had killed it, since we believed it was the other party's responsibility. I said it was the man's job, and he said he agreed but thought I was more of a man than he was. Which is pretty much true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of not-cockroaches. I think it's one of the things the west coast of the US really has going for it: not that many creepy, leggy, scurry-y, faceless creatures.

    Maybe you and Fernando should trade pants-wearing/cockroach-killing nights. For my part, I'm content that Hernan seems pleased to hunt them down. We'll just have to work on what happens to them after he kills them.

    ... At least he doesn't play with the cockroaches the way he does with the scorpions. The scorpions are definitely worse in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen used to force me to hunt down and dispose of the cockroaches when we were in India. So I vote for it being Fernando's job. (Hernan has clearly already assumed his duties.)

    ReplyDelete