My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Doors and doorways

Sometimes other people make choices I don't understand. This happens quite a lot, actually. Like women who wear spandex pants designed to "look like" blue jeans. I just plain don't get it.

Another choice I don't understand is why Hernan and his father spent the entire day moving the doorway to the storage space a few feet to the right, instead of, say, installing a door to our bathroom.

I assume there is a reason. I just don't know what it is.

They removed the door to the storage room and filled the doorway with bricks and mortar. They also opened a new doorway a few feet to one side of the old doorway and are now reinstalling the original door.

This is a curious business.

I'll endeavor to understand this tonight, about the same time I restate the benefits of bathroom privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment