My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why I'm Still Unemployed

Yesterday Hernan and I had a joint job interview. A gated community nearby needs someone to sit in their sales office all day every day in case someone wanders in wanting to buy a house. The woman we spoke with came clean from the start that it’s terribly boring. But the kicker is that I would only get paid commission. There is no base wage. … And, in the last year they only sold one house.

So, if I want a job, and to maybe pay someone to watch my baby for me, I could come and sit alone in a small office all day waiting for nothing to happen and very likely make no money doing it.

Badical.

2 comments:

  1. Unemployed is the new black. So it's cool - you're just being fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I love it when I'm fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete