My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Speaking of Tongues

I posted some time ago about the mamey fruit. Today I'm pleased to discover that mamey can also mean muscled out or oral sex. Thanks Effective Swearing.

Anyone have a good idea how much slang and swearing differ between D.F. and Guadalajara? Hernan's taught me pretty well to have a Spanish potty mouth, but he won't like it if I start sounding like a chilanga.

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not in bed? Oh, yeah, I am superglued to the monitor reading hilarious blogs. The bad words are always the first thing everyone learns. I took my niece to Germany. I made sure she knew how to say please and thank you. The only thing she remembers is how to say, "Scheisse!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I never knew where "no me mames" came from!!! Or, I guess, no me mameys?

    And I say go chilanga, I'll still love you ;) (have you heard the chilanga banga by cafe tacuba? hilarious song all in "chilango")

    ReplyDelete