My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Great Great Great

My husband's grandmother will be 97 this spring. I've posted about her before, here and here. Today I learned that not only is she a great-grandmother to my baby, but a great great great grandmother, too. That's extraordinarily great. Six (count them: one, two, three, four, five, six!) generations! Holy frijoles, but that's impressive.

Then again... I don't think there's much to do in San Juan except make babies. Uh, Exhibit A: yours truly.

My grandmother-in-law can't remember if my baby is a girl or boy. She regularly asks, "What is it, a boy or a girl?" Someone will shout "It's a boy, Mari." "Oh," she says, "Either works."

1 comment: