My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Mama says Moooooo

Apparently my face looks like one giant boob and my nose is the nipple. I say this because my baby keeps trying to suck milk out of my nose. I know he's after milk because he doesn't suck my nose the way he sucks on his toys (and "toys" here should be understood as anything he can manage to put in his mouth). No, he sucks on my nose while making his little desperate grunting/whimpering sound that he does whenever he wants to nurse.

Sometimes he changes his mind, though, and decides that since no milk comes out of my nose, it's probably my chin that's the nipple. I never thought my chin resembled a nipple, but I suppose we could say I never looked closely enough. Occasionally, my mouth gets targeted, too. Or the fatty part of my upper arm (the "marm", if you will). Or my stomach when he comes across it. Even my knee, it would seem, sufficiently resembles a milk source. He makes his little grunting/whimpering "gimme milk!" sounds and starts sucking on my knee. I try to tell him it's never going to happen. Milk will never come out of my knee. He doesn't listen.

It appears I'm a walking udder in the eyes of my son.

6 comments:

  1. haha... my hubby has the same problem. He's got a big ass beaner nose, with a nipple tip. Babies latch on pretty quick.

    Hank just loves boobies and making Daddy proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeee, this is what happens when you breast feed. They get all kinds of crazy ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies don't have good vision. I wouldn't take this too personally (as your blog soooo reeks of emotional pain). =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niko was fixated on the light fixture on the ceiling when he was really little--looks like a boob. So, it doesn't have to be animate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats Funny. You made me laugh today. I have a 4 month old breast feeder home so I totally can picture that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Refried: ha! Beaner nose. More like nipple nose. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

    Jenny Jo: Clearly I should have been giving him tea this whole time! Lesson learned.

    Amber: the tragedy! The pain! Oh my god! I look like a giant boob! wail. sob.

    The Smidge: ha! Good to know.

    Wonderful: Glad to inspire a chuckle. ^_^

    ReplyDelete