My Little English Corner

One. Two. Buckle my shoe. Three. Four. Shut the door. Five. Six. Pick up sticks. Seven. Eight. Lay them straight. Nine. Ten. Let's count again!

This blog provides supplementary materials for English language classes.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Sun'll Come Out

And it's a new day!

My mother-in-law was right, and this morning I heard the cuetes, but they were farther away from the house, and my baby slept through them this time.

The water is back on, so I can wash laundry.

And the sun is out so I can dry laundry, too.

And I feel inspired to get the sewage cleaned up.

And the day is off to a good start.

Yesterday was clearly a day for ranting. That probably is about half the point of blogging for me. I don't really vent to anyone down here. Hernan and I agreed to not get ourselves down by focusing on what we don't like or what we miss about our old lives in the States. And it would be pretty rude for me to rub it in his family's face that San Juan isn't exactly the cat's meow. So, I turn to the great world of blogging for a little venting from time to time. Ah. Now I can move on.

So I'm back in the game, people. Ready to make the world a better place (and wash the laundry?)

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, I find your blog so interesting. It is really the most fascinating thing I look at on the internet. What you and the other women who comment on your blog go through, the good and the bad, really blows my mind. I don't just mean like "OMG, it sounds like Mexico really sucks"--it really brings home the immigration debate and lots of other big issues in a whole new way. Also, even though you say it's not, it is really well written. Would you ever consider writing a book about this experience? If you did, I bet a lot of people, especially women, would read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the book... Bill and I have discussed it before, and we agree that a) you would be wonderful at it, b) it would be an important and personal way for people to consider immigration, and c) we would enjoy having a celebrity for a friend. Take those in any order you want, but I think they all spell G-O-O-D I-D-E-A ;)

    ReplyDelete